Product Engineer for Wire and Cable Systems
- Opportunity Profile:
- Belden is a leading global provider of high-quality signalling solutions. The company produces and sells a comprehensive portfolio of connectivity and networking products into a variety of markets, including industrial, enterprise, and broadcast. With innovative solutions for the reliable and secure transmission of steadily growing data volumes for audio and video information needed for modern applications, Belden plays a key role in the global transformation towards a networked world.Belden maintains manufacturing facilities in North America, Asia and Europe and is represented in almost all regions of the world.The company has grown dramatically in the last few years, with multiple acquisitions and is definitely pursuing growth. The company’s growth offers significant career opportunities for high performing associates.Now, we are looking for a R&D Engineer for Wire and Cable SystemsFor this position we’re looking for an Engineer who has the potential to become a senior development engineer of the R&D Department.Responsibilities:New product introduction:
- Delivers input to the business case (e.g. cost calculations) and performs technical feasibility studies which could include for the implementation of new materials
- Determines time to market including search for best possible production method (efficiency, quality & costs)
- Produces together with the plant manufacturing engineer prototypes and takes care of a full product release which includes the data entry for the ERP and quality-systems and completing of the technical datasheet
Marketing & Sales:
- Do market research in order to “buy” the product instead of making or developing it, by investigating;
- Selection & release of third party suppliers
- Initiation of quotations
- The process of outsourcing includes a full product release, data entry for the ERP and quality-systems and completing of the technical datasheet and purchasing specification
- Provide input to catalogues, promotion materials and business decisions
- Support sales in case of application problems or design oriented quality issues
- Give input for make or buy or re-engineering decisions
- Support in case of (major) production problems
- Work with standardization bodies like IEC, CENELEC, BS, VDE or UL and “translate” these to the product-portfolio.
- University degree in Electrical engineering, Telecommunications (or comparable; Elektro, WtB on HBO level or +)
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant working experience, the candidate shouldn’t be too senior with the ambition and ability to develop
- Project leader experience of larger projects and strong project management skills are required.
- Professional technical English know how is required. German is preferred.
- Willing to travel 5 to 10%